MATES in Construction is a charity established in 2008 to reduce the high level of suicide among Australian construction workers . MATES in Construction was founded to help raise awareness and assist construction workers with the challenges that they face on a daily basis.
The MATES in Construction program is based on the simple idea that “suicide is everyone’s business” and that if the building and construction industry in Australia is to improve the mental health and wellbeing of workers and to reduce suicide then it cannot be left to the mental health professionals, but rather everyone in the industry must play their part.
“Pryme Australia is very happy to support the great work done by MATES in Construction” says Pryme Managing Director Terry Houlihan. Pryme recently sponsored the MATES in Construction Kokoda Track walk with Sqwincher™ Hydration products and the MATES Sydney Golf day with Ergodyne Chill-Its TM Cooling Vests and Hydration Packs.
We know firsthand how challenging construction work can be, says Terry. Greg Johnston and the team at MATES do a great job and we are delighted to support them.
- Pryme Aids Rescue Workers in Flood-hit Townsville and Ablaze Nelson
- Pryme supports Auckland Girls Teams at the 2019 Touch Footy Nationals
- Dropped Objects Prevention on Oil Rigs after Rise in Injuries from Falling Objects
- Are FIFO and DIDO Workers at a Higher Risk for Dehydration?
- Hydration Health & Safety 365