The Squids 3011 Retractable Tool Lanyard is a lightweight and extremely durable tethering solution designed to mount to a D-ring user’s belt or a separate anchor point. Using a retractable lanyard limits potential snag hazards compared to standard lanyards. This lanyard can tether hand tools weighing up to 3.6 kg to prevent falling objects when working at heights.
The retractable tethering cord is made of high-strength, cut-resistant Dyneema with a protective sleeve over the exposed cord to reduce wear and tear for a longer life. The Squids 3011 Retractable Tool Lanyard has a durable ABS plastic housing is textured for better grip and is designed to protect the internal workings of the retractable. Featuring a tapered cord exit to limit the debris being retracted back into the housing with the cord. Even with its incredible durability this heavy-duty retractable lanyard weighs less than 0.22kg and measures 122cm when fully extended.
The anchoring end of the retractable features a swivelling carabiner connection for anchoring to d-rings or other locations. The connecting end of the cord has a patented Squids double-action carabiner to secure to a hand tool weighing up to 3.6 kg.
A trigger switch allows you to set your working length and keep the lanyard at a fixed length, so you don’t feel a constant tension on your tool while getting the job done. To lock the cord in place, simply flip the trigger switch at the desired cord length. To retract, either flip the switch back or pull the lanyard out a bit further to release the lock allowing the cord to retract again.
Tested and qualified to the ANSI/ISEA 121 standard, these retractable tool lanyards have no equal. The tethering cord is designed to expose a red length of cord that serves as an impact indicator if the lanyard sees a force of 50 kg or greater, letting you know if a drop has occurred. All tool lanyards are built to withstand defined weight limits and are easy to use by any worker to avoid accidentally dropped objects that could cause unwanted damage, injuries, or possibly death. Safety lanyards are a part of an overall fall protection plan to reduce the risk of falling objects and increase workplace safety. When working at heights it’s critical to tether tools.
- PREVENT DROPPED HAND TOOLS – Patented lightweight aluminium carabiner with double action self-locking gate connects to tools to tools like wrenches, grinders, drills, impact drivers, etc.
- MADE TO TETHER TOOLS – Tether keeps tools weighing 0.23kg in a retracted state and prevents tools weighing 3.6kg from falling on people or objects below.
- INDUSTRIAL GRADE – MADE FOR INDUSTRY PROS – ABS plastic housing protects the internal components with a cut-resistant Dyneema cord with a durable protected weave to hold up in tough environments
- LIGHTWEIGHT + LOW PROFILE DESIGN – Retractable design limits snags, tangles and tripping hazards (25cm – 122cm working range) and even with the most durables materials on the market the overall weight of the retractable is less than 0.5lbs / 0.22kg
- SWIVELING DESIGN – Swiveling anchor end of the lanyard works well with rotating tools to reduce tangles
- LOCKS INTO FIXED LENGTHS – Trigger switch locks cord into fixed lengths to take the tension out
- IMPACT INDICATOR – A red cord is revealed when exposed to forces exceeding 50kg letting the user know if a drop has occurred
- THIRD-PARTY CERTIFIED – Meets a 2:1 safety factor
- TESTED & APPROVED – Third-party certified to meet the ANSI/ISEA 121-2018 Standard
- Wind Energy
- Oil & Gas
- Power Generation
For workers on construction sites, mining, infrastructure and other industrial settings, the threat of falling objects can be a serious hazard. Even a small tool or piece of equipment dropped from a height can cause significant injury or damage, and in some cases, even be fatal. To combat this risk, many worksites in Australia have adopted the concept of a “Drop Free Zone,” where workers are required to take extra precautions to prevent death and injuries caused by falling objects. Find out more about creating a DROP FREE ZONE.
TESTED TO BE TRUSTED – All lanyards are rigorously tested and third-party certified to a 3.6kg maximum capacity with a 2:1 safety factor to prevent falling objects. When working at heights, choosing the best tool tethering equipment matters because there are no second chances.
DROPPED OBJECTS STANDARD 121-2018 – The ISEA/ANSI Dropped Objects Standard provides guidelines to protect workers from hazardous dropped objects. It outlines requirements for personal protective equipment, procedures, and systems to reduce the risk of injury from falling objects. For more information on Dropped Objects visit Safe Work Australia’s website here.